Chemo Caps Made and Donated 425 Lap Robes Made and Donated 21

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Hi, I´m Elizabeth


Hello, my name is Elizabeth, and I am one of the co founders of Rocky Mountain Head Huggers. I am also very excited and happy with this project.

After talking with my friend Missy and listening to her background of relatives with this treatment of chemotherapy, I realized we had much in common.

My father is in the second year of chemo treatment, and my husband was in hemodialysis treatments, and a transplant. I can feel for people in similar situations, it is very difficult for the whole family. 

So I wanted to join Missy in her cause and try to make a difference for many people. I want to help even if it's a little bit. And what better way to help and enjoy it at the same time, I do love knitting, crocheting or sewing.

I want to invite you, if you know how to knit, crochet or sew and would like to join us, please feel welcome. If you don't do any of this, you can help by donating soft yarn or fabric to make these caps and blankets. Thank you and blessings to you.

Español -
Hola, mi nombre es Elizabeth, y yo soy una de las co fundadores de Rocky Mountain Head Huggers. También estoy muy emocionada y feliz con este proyecto.

Después de hablar con mi amiga Missy y escuchar sus antecedentes familiares con este tratamiento de quimioterapia, me di cuenta de que teníamos mucho en común.

Mi padre está en el segundo año de tratamiento de quimioterapia, y mi esposo estubo recibiendo hemodiálisis, y fue somitido a un trasplante. Yo siento mucho por las personas que estan es situaciones similares, es algo muy difícil para toda la familia.

Así que quise unirme a Missy en su causa y tratar de hacer una diferencia para muchas personas. Quiero ayudar aunque sea un poquito. Y que mejor manera de ayudar y disfrutarlo a la ves, me encanta tejer on gancho y agujas y también coser.

Quiero invitart, si sabes hacer punto, ganchillo o coser y te gustaría unirte a nosotras, pues bienvenida(o). Si no haces nada de esto, puedes ayudar donando tela o estambre suave para hacer estas gorras y cobijas. Gracias y bendiciones para ti.