Guidelines for Caps and Lap Robes
- Purpose: Provide free knitted, crocheted, fleece/soft fabric hats for those who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy, brain surgery, burn wounds, etc.
- Criteria for the hats:
- Must be hand made
- Must be new
- Preferably washable
- Smoke-free & pet-hair-free
- Wool is ok but not preferred because of allergies
- Any regular pattern can be used
- Softer yarns (such as cotton) are more comfortable.
- Lion Brand MICRO-SPUN yarn is a very soft yarn (and is 100% Acrylic and Machine Washable & Dryable).
- The new fun fur yarns are fun, soft and lightweight
- Thinner, seamless, non-lumpy caps are good for sleeping and increased comfort.
- Hats made with thinner yarn would be better for summer weather use.
- Cotton is great for summer hats and warmer climates as it is cooler than most other types of yarn.
Please send completed hats, along with a completed submission form to:
10655 Durango Place