Chemo Caps Made and Donated 425 Lap Robes Made and Donated 21

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another knitter joins the cause

I was very fortunate today to meet a beautiful woman named Lynne and her lovely sister.  They both live in different parts of Colorado and brought us ten chemo hats that Lynne made.  I wanted to share how she got started. She wrote the following:

I love to knit, and I particularly love to knit hats. But eventually I had far more hats than I or my family or my friends could use. I started investigating and learned about the need for chemo hats, and suddenly I had a mission and a purpose for my hats. My hat knitting continues to evolve; I get to try new stitches and styles and experiment with different yarns (my current faves are KnitPicks Comfy and Shine, cotton blends that are so soft), knowing that the hats I make will be useful and appreciated.

Much Love, Missy

No comments: