WHY CROCHET AND KNIT?
· It has a calming effect – helps relieve stress! It feels good to work with beautiful yarn colors and textures!
· Create sweaters, hats, scarves, mittens, afghans, etc. for others and yourself!
· Gifts “you make yourself” for family and friends.
· Children and adults in need of items include: domestic abuse victims, Hospice and local nursing home patients, foster children, low-income families, victims of natural disaster, fires, floods, tornadoes, etc.
· It is a social activity to share with co-workers, friends, and family.
· Knitting and Crocheting is “portable” – take it anywhere!
· Provides a sense of accomplishment when you complete a project.
· Adds balance to a high-tech, fast-paced, stressful lifestyle.
· Cost-effective hobby–you can help others with NO cost to you but your time.
· Maximizes your time while you watch TV, travel, sports events, etc.
· Carry on a family tradition.
· Express yourself—design an original garment and accessories.
· If you have arthritis, knitting or crocheting help to keep the fingers limber.
· Knitting and crocheting helps stave off Alzheimer’s (and I could use all the help I can get there!).
Article taken from; http://groups.creighton.edu/crochetknit/why_crochet_and_knit.htm